Dr Arun Prasad
Dr Arun Prasad is a graduate from Pt. BD Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak. He has pursued his Post Graduation Masters Degree in Pediatrics (MD Pediatrics) from the prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1995.
After completion of MD, he worked in Neonatology, PGIMER, Dept of Pediatrics as Senior Resident. Then due to his special interest in gastrointestinal disorders in children he selected to pursue further as Pediatric Gastroenterologist. He has done his Senior Residency in Pediatric Gastroenterology from PGIMER Chandigarh, Dept of Gastroenterology in 1999. He served as Senior Lecturer in Dept of Gastroenterology, GMCH, Nagpur for two years and then practiced at the prestigious Midas Institute of Gastro-Enterology, Nagpur from 2001 to 2006.
He completed his Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition in Children in 2014, the course coordinated by Boston University, USA.
Dr Arun Prasad was the Consultant Gastroenterologist at various hospitals in the Tricity such as Ivy hospital, Mohali; Inscol hospital,; Grecian hospital, and Hope hospital. From 2011 to 2016 he has served as a Pediatrician and Adult Gastroenterologist at Alchemist Hospital, Panchkula. Dr Arun has been practicing as Pediatric Gastroenterologist for last 15 years.
Dr Arun Prasad has rich experience of more than 20 years in the management of following conditions:
- All Pediatric Disorders and Procedures
- Newborn Gastrointestinal Issues
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Cow’s Milk Allergy
- Chronic Constipation
- Reflux Disease
- Celiac disease.
- Acute viral hepatitis.
- Rota virus diarrhea.
- Hepatitis B related chronic liver disease.
- Wilson’s disease.
- H. Pylori and
- Recurrent abdominal pain
- Nutrition Related Problems
- Any Liver or Pancreatic Disorder
Dr Arun is professionally trained and is proficient in performing following procedures since last 20 years:
1. Gastrointestinal emergencies in children like:
- Foreign body aspiration
- Lower and upper GI bleeding
- Corrosive ingestion
- Placing Sengstaken Baltimore tube in bleeding esophageal varices.
- CVP line placement.
- Management of hepatic encephalopathy
2. Endoscopic Procedures:
UPPER GI ENDOSCOPY
- Esophagitis, Gastritis, Duodenitis of variable etiology
- Duodenal, Antral, Esophageal Biopsies
- Chronic liver disease to look for Varices
- Foreign Body removal
- Sclerotherapy / Band ligation in esophageal varices
- Dilatation of esophageal stricture by bougie and balloon
- Balloon dilatation in Achalasia Cardia.
- Diagnostic ERCP in pancreatitis, biliary pathology
- ERCP : – Therapeutic procedures like
- Pancreatic stent placement
- Biliary drain placement
- Removal of Ascarisis from CBD and PD.
- In various diseases, e.g., Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Tuberculosis, Polyposis coli, Bleeding per rectum.
- Biopsies from the Colon
4. Liver Biopsies in liver disease of variable etiologies in children and adults
Dr Arun has various publications in gastrointestinal disorders in children, celiac diseases, hepatitis in children etc.